Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Wish List

This year me and my husband have decided not to give eachother gifts this year, but instead donate the money we would use on eachother to edurelief. If you have never heard of this, it is our friends Jonathan and Merielle Renich's non profit organization to raise money for children in Mongolia to have books for school on only 20$ a year for each student. Check out the site for more details.

We are more than fine with this...for two reasons....When we need or want things we usually get them (obviously depeding on price, or we save for them) and there isn't anything I NEED this year and I am struggling to think of things!---although i still can ;)
I thought I would share a few things that I want in the gift giving spirit. ---And man, Isn't there always things that we could ask for no matter what :)

1) Gift card to Cafe Yumm
2) Visa Gift card for shopping/eating/etc.
3) Harry Connick Jr.'s new Christmas CD
4) Gift cards to the Movies in Valley River--There are alot coming out that look really good!
5) Used/New car!! or my Blazer fixed....we're a one family car right now :)-this is unrealistic, but it's what we could use in the near future.
6) Sharon/Haley/Sarah Broderick/Aaron B/ my Mom and Dad are very good at being creative and i always love what they get.
7) A rug or money for a rug for our house. There is a lot of space in the front room area that could use this...huh Dad!
8) Black knee high boots and or dark brown cowboy boots from DSW Shoes.
9) Money or gift card for Glory Bee Foods for making candles.
10) New slippers (for wearing around the house) last one's I have i love from Ann Taylor Loft
11) itunes Gift card-10$ or so
In this there is something we all should remember---Christmas is the celebration of our Savior's Birth.
God came to this earth in the flesh to bring life to those who are in Sin.
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."---John 1:14

Thus is Jesus Christ.

Lets take this time and remember who Christ is and what he came to this earth for. ---For each one of us to recieve life/Eternal Life! Praise God that we're able to be with our families and celebrate and exchange gifts with one another. May your Holiday be blessed and may God be with you.


2 comments:

Julie said...

That is super cool that you are doing that. If I had money (which should scrape some together) I would love to donate to that program!

Christi said...

Great idea! We have been doing the shoe boxes with Operation Christmas Child and had Isabella and Natalia make boxes this year.