I was on my way to Winco today, as I pulled up to the stop light I was right next to a man sitting with his dog holding a sign. As I read the sign I realized he wasn't asking for money or food, but for a Female Companion (etc) (etc meaning nothing derogatory). My first thought: at least he knows what he wants. After a few 20 seconds or so I decided that maybe he would like some food even if he wasn't asking. So I rolled down my window and asked him if he wanted something to eat. He told me he couldn't hear me so I repeated myself, to which he replied that he still couldn't hear me but if I wanted go up to him I can tell him where I could meet him. I was trying to hold back my laughter. So I showed him my bag of food instead. He then obviously realized what I was asking. He did end up wanting the food and thanked me as well. But I still couldn't get over the fact that he really thought I wanted to maybe be his Female Companion!!! HAHAHA
This is not the first time something "strange" has happend when I tried to give a "homeless" person food.
One time I offered someone an apple and he looked at me and said..."No thanks, I dont have any teeth."
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment